Black Deserts Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pearlabyss said they will add characters based on the area of their localization. For Japan, they made the Samurai.

Go down

Pearlabyss said they will add characters based on the area of their localization. For Japan, they made the Samurai. Empty Pearlabyss said they will add characters based on the area of their localization. For Japan, they made the Samurai.

Post  Riexy Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm

In an interview with Goha.ru, Brian Oh revealed to us that in case they would localize to a certain area, they will add at least one character based on that area. It seems clearer now why the game has Samurais now when thinking about the coming Japanese localization.

[About Russian Localisation] "We will consider adding Russian heroes, because our policy is that if we want to enter a new market, we will add a localised character system"  [05:50]
The quote itself does not make it clear, but while watching the video it becomes!

This is very interesting, I wonder what they will do for other areas. For Europe and parts Asia, it is very possible to guess what they will be, light Knights (Europe) and perhaps some Kung Fu Master (Asia), but what brings me to the biggest interest is the Americas, will they add like Lakotas or Aztecs? Certainly, they cannot add the colonialisers because that would be wierd and they first started to appear in the 16th century or something? Oceania is also very interesting.

I believe so because these areas are very untypical among MMORPGs, they are either Asia-styled or Europe-styled or something in-between. When I think about it, I have never really seen an MMORPG based on medieval America or Oceania!
Riexy
Riexy
Admin

https://blackdesertspoint.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down